Goals that are influenced from my COOP’s feedback:
- Be aware of students engagement. Is everyone paying attention/listening/on task?
- Set talking expectations. Be aware of blurters – need to hear what all students know and want to share
- Be aware of overdependent learners – need to give them opportunities for self development
- How do I expect my learners to work? (volume, placement, etc. )
- Work on transitions from one activity to the next. Redo transitions if they do not go smoothly
- Hold students accountable for my expectations
- Say “I need you to” instead of “you should be doing this”
- Pay attention to off task students
- When giving instructions ensure all students attention is on me
Goals that are influenced from this semesters classes:
- Use more holistic breaks in the classroom. Take ideas from my EHE class and try them out.
- Do more research on Differentiated Learning Strategies and practice them in my placement.
- Do more research on appropriately implementing Indigenous Ways of Knowing and implement them in my placement.
- Implement Inquiry activities in my placement
- Implement drama activities to integrate cross-curricular content. – Help reach differentiated learners needs.